- Large buff flagstones provide a functional and attractive way to walk through the landscape.
- Gently curving dry creek provides a practical solution for moving water away from the house while adding an aesthetically pleasing feature in the landscape.
- Large flagstone bridge provides safe and easy access across the dry creek.
- Cobble drainage directs water away from the house, helps prevent erosion, and provides water for nearby plants.
- Rock garden, built with existing moss rock boulders, adds contour and texture to the landscape.
- Limited turf in the front yard reduces water usage and complements the new xeric landscaping.
- No turf in the back yard reduces water usage and adds four-season interest with the planting of a variety of shrubs, perennials and ornamental grasses.
- Plants in the landscape are a minimum of 80% plants native to Fort Collins or Colorado.
- Drought-tolerant and colorful native and non-native adapted plants provide food, shelter and nesting sites for a variety of pollinators.